
First and foremost: Happy 28th to this handsome fellow. Our celebration agenda includes: wingers chicken, homemade pizza, and berry cheesecake-cake (no idea how else to describe it). My guy likes food, so these were all his requests when I asked him what he wanted to do for his birthday. I wanted a pinata in my likeness, but it didn't happen, instead I've written a thrilling scavenger hunt to lead him to his gifts.
This pregnancy is flying by for me; I am 30 weeks now. I had an ultrasound this morning and "little" Elijah is weighing in at 4lb 11 ounces. His body itself measures at 34 weeks, and the rest of him at 30 weeks 5 days.....so he's chubby!
Things have been sailing by with not much thought on my part. I even forgot that I was also seeing the doctor today. When the nurse called me back I politely told her that I didn't need to see Dr. Parshad I had just seen him 2 weeks ago, and I was just there for an ultrasound. She laughed at me and said that I have to come every 2weeks now, until 36 weeks, then I come every week. You'd think I was a first-timer.....
Baby is growing wonderfully, I even got to see him open his eyes, he's really really cute by the way. Dr. says things are looking good for a vbac, as long as Eli doesn't decide to be over 9 pounds, then it's too risky (he says). I passed my blood sugar test, no prob, but I do have thrombocytopenia (low-platelets), and more testing and watching will insue. Perhaps I had low platelets with Logan, and maybe that's why I lost more blood than usual.....who knows. Things are going very well!
4 comments:
Happy birthday to cowboy-Seth! I'm glad the pregnancy is going well, I can't wait to see what little Eli looks like! Cara had thrombocytopenia too, like you said, they just have to watch it and make sure it doesn't get too low. Should I be the one to tell you if it gets too low you can't have an epidural? Nah.
That's great to hear! I am sure Logan will love having a brother to play with when he gets older. It's fun that you can have two boys in a row.
I had low platelets with both of my kids. The doctor said it's pretty common. They have to get super duper low to really cause you to bleed or anything. My doctor said that's not likely unless you have some kind of other disease. Oh, just looked up and saw that Avree told you this already. Well my anesthesiologist who gave me my epidural said they'll do one pretty much no matter what because there's no good evidence that it causes any harm. So there Aves! Thought she was being so funny :)
Just look at that face! I'm glad my grandkids have a cute daddy! I don't know what I'd do with ugly grandkids:) But I won't have ugly grandkids, they will be the cutest in the world!
Post a Comment