Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Hark! Logan ate a vegetable.

Actually, he ate three vegetables and I am as thrilled as any mom/dietitian can be! As an infant, Logan would slurp down anything that came his way. His favorite thing was peas. Then he transitioned to table-foods and nothing vegetable-esque was EVER allowed to pass his lips. Ever again.

I would give him pureed peas, he would eat them, then a whole pea in the same second, and he wouldn't eat it. Typical, I know.

He is an expert at picking anything green from anything he eats. He is meticulous about this (as evidenced by dinner at a friend's when there were microscopic specs of broccoli in the dish and Logan would not eat anything that touched his plate). Logan loves broccoli, and gets excited when he sees it. He says "broc-wee," wants it on his plate, politely places it next to his plate.

So I tricked him with tonight's dinner: Zucchini paninis.
-Shredded zucchini
-Shredded summer squash
-shredded carrot
-shredded onion
-salsa
-grated cheese
Then you toast it all together in classic panini fashion

Logan gets veggies, for every dinner, every night without fail. But he has NEVER eaten them of his own free will. Well, tonight he didn't know it, but he ate a whole food-pyramid's worth of vegetables, and LOVED it.

Bwahahahahaha

3 comments:

Carly said...

tricky, tricky, tricky! good work, mama! also, i love the evil laugh at the end of the post...

marni said...

dang. maybe you should make some of that for me. :)

Emily said...

You are a magician. I still can't get Harrsion to eat any veggies. I take that back, he will chew up lettuce and then spit it out in a green gooey glob. You still get some nutrition from chewing it up right?