Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Cunfee

That's how Logan says "comfy." He requests to be made "comfy" at bedtime and naps. Since it has cooled down here at night now, he also requests "niffy (sniffy) and comfy." I will explain: My grandma made me a rice-bag that you heat up in the microwave. It's a men's sock with a gray toe and heel, filled with rice. We think the toe of the rice bag looks like a nose, and one time I teased Logan with it and made sniffing sounds. Well, he LOVES sniffy like a normal kid loves a teddy bear. He calls it "niffy," and when he's all tucked into bed with soft blankets everywhere and niffy, then he'll say "ahhh cunfee."

Oh he makes me smile. Also, speaking of comfy. Next winter I'll be getting some cute new sweaters and fashionable items, but not this winter. Nope, I am anxiously awaiting my new matching sweat-suits for my fall/winter wardrobe. Since I'll be having a baby and spending most of my time inside my house, I thought, why not be comfy? So for my up coming birthday I requested some of these from Aeropostale. They are on sale by the way..... Just imagine post-partum Kara instead of this skinny 15 year old pictured. Seth has told me that matching sweats are a sign that you've "given up." I disagree. I think new moms are excused from fashion all together.

5 comments:

Avree said...

I think after giving birth we have a right to be "cunfee"! I wish I'd had more outfits like the ones you're getting because I ended up wearing Matt's T-shirts and pajama/maternity pants a lot. If I did have the ambition to get dressed up I always got spit-up or milk all over my shirt anyway. I hope you're not feeling too miserable! Give me a call if you want to complain/gossip anytime!

Coul and Kelse Rich said...

Even not having my two children biologically, I went from getting dressed and ready everyday, to hair pulled back, shorts, sandals, and a t-shirt!! I would have LOVED something like that! Easy, but classy!!

Meagan said...

I don't think you have "given up" I think it is important to be comfy after giving birth. I think its a great birthday gift..

Carly said...

I'm with Chelsi. No uterus...no opinion! :) I think you'll look darling, Kara. I'm sorry you're feeling homesick. I'm sure it's hard to be away from your mom and family (and me). Have you tried Skype? We love that for keeping in touch with Ben's family while they live in Holland.

The Johnsons' said...

Just ignore it as one of those "men have no clue" times. And I don't mean that in a bad way, it's just that in the matter of childbirth they really don't!