Friday, September 4, 2009

Time for the annual "steal something from Kara event"

Last season my bike tire and rim were stolen. I ended up giving the remainder of the bike away for free to be used as parts because it would've cost more to fix it than the bike was actually worth.

This year someone took my camel back out of my car. The theme of choice seems to be "recreation items." I always lock my car, ever since our license plate was stolen......

(Mine was the blue one, so if any Marylander sees one with a United Way of Utah caribeener(no idea how that is spelled). It's MINE!)

However: the lock on my car was broken, I obviously didn't hand-lock the doors. I intentionally left my camel back, with water and sunscreen and diapers in it by the way, in the car because I was organizing the basement. Once I had the basement organized I was going to hang my camel back in its very own spot. But when I went to get it, someone else already had. The car was in my driveway. I was always very proud that I had a camel back, we spent the summers together. It was a gift from my mom one year for Christmas. It's not like I can afford an $80.00 camel-back right now. I hate whoever took it and I only wish it would've had a used diaper inside it.

2 comments:

Meagan said...

Oh my heck.. I can't believe some people. You can't leave anything unlocked anymore these days, which I think is so lame. Sorry about that...

Kerry and Dave said...

That totally sucks! And I only use that word for special occasions such as this! And out of your own driveway! How violating! I wish poopy diapers on them as well. I will miss the camelback. I have seen it follow you everywhere since you've been here. But I believe in carma.... what goes around, comes around!