No one went into labor during my appointment time, so I got to hear the heartbeat for the first time. It was 170 bpm, and the doc kept smiling and saying "it's sounds like a girl." I smiled too, but I am reserving any expectation for the actual ultrasound. I was on cloud 9 after hearing that cute little swishy heart beat.
I also found out that I am a carrier of the cystic fibrosis gene (eek), so Seth has to go get his blood tested this week to see if we are both carriers. HOPEFULLY, he is not a carrier, then we won't have to worry about an amnio or the possibility of having a child with CF.
I am getting the BIG ultrasound in 3 weeks, I should know, boy or girl by June 4th at 10:30 am. Maybe I'll wait until we land in Utah on the 6th to spill the beans.
Oh I am hoping for a vbac this time around, and my doc read my c-section report today. His eyes got huge and he said "Good God, why did you lose so much blood? We don't do that here..." (note: stated in a thick Indian accent). His statement actually made me feel like less of a wuss since I've been reflecting a lot on my last experience.
Oh yes, Logan has been having "hive mania." He broke out in huge itchy hives yesterday and his face broke out as we were in his doctor's office......benadryl and claritin here we come. They said that MD has extremely high allergen counts, complete with green puffs of oak tree pollen on our street. So....apparently he's allergic to the state of Maryland. :)
7 comments:
Poor little Logan! :( And good luck with this next little one! My fingers are crossed for you.
Thank you for the green seat - we LOVE it! And I am so excited that you are finding out so soon - boy or girl! Fun times! Allergies are the worst...poor kiddo! Oh, and btw, I, too, am a cf carrier...interesting...
You make me laugh! I'm so sorry that Logan is allergic to Maryland. That is such a bummer.
BUT - congrats on hearing the heart beat. I love that, every time. It never gets old.
Poor Logan, I hope that his allergies clear up a bit. I did not know you were coming to Utah in June. Come see our baby (If I have had him, lets all pray that I have!) Hope everything goes ok with the CF testing, that is very stressful.
Hearing the heartbeat for the first time is so fun! I'll cross my fingers that you get a girl (because I know you want one). I'm sorry about the CF thing, but it seems like the chances Seth is a carrier are probably slim. Do they regularly test for the CF gene? I don't remember having that done on Spencer. I'm sorry about the rash, Marin had the same thing a few times last summer and Dr. McKenna said it could be one of a million different things causing it, she finally had to get a steroid shot to clear it up.
That is so fun you get to find out the gender soon. That is such a fun day! Good luck with the rash thing. Kaden has eczema (spell?) so I am constantly moisturizing him with minimal results. Aquaophor has worked pretty good for us.
I'm so excited that you got to go the the beach! Looks like you had lots of fun. How have you been feeling? Good I hope. I can't wait to find out what your having. It will be so exciting if it is a boy or a girl. Let me know when you have some free time when you come to Utah. I would love it if we could get together for dinner or something. Miss you!!
Post a Comment