Thursday, May 28, 2009

Negative is a good thing.

We finally got Seth's lab results back. He does NOT carry the gene for cystic fibrosis; I am so very very relieved. I know the chances were in our favor, seeing as it's a 1 in 800 chance that both parents are carriers. Nevertheless, after nearly two weeks of waiting, a pregnant mom's imagination can start to go a little crazy. I am so relieved. We are having our "find out what it is, and if everything else looks okay" ultrasound one week from today. I can't wait.

4 comments:

Katie-babe said...

I'm glad that it was negative. It always makes you a little nurvouse to think that your child my have some health problem. You'll have to let us know what your having!!! I'm so excited for you!!! I keep asking Timothy if he is going to have a brother or sister and it sounds like he says sister, or he nods his head to sister. Hope your feeling well.

Cara said...

Congrats on that. What a relief! I am so scared of CF, especially with all of the stuff we had to learn about it with dietetics. Hope you're feeling better!

Avree said...

Oh I'm so glad! Now you can stop worrying and just be excited to find out what you're having!

Carly said...

Phew....and yay!