Have any of you had little ones with unexplained rashes? (Who hasn't?) Logan has a rash, and had the same rash last summer when we were dealing with the epstein barr thing. He had the characteristic mononucleosis rash, and then it changed into one exactly like the rash he has now....he was getting a lot of tylenol and motrin at that time too. No dietary changes, no detergent changes, nothing that way....
Can kids get a rash from teething? The stress of teething maybe? I am also wondering if it's a reaction to tylenol or motrin-I've been giving both, but not in overdose. I know an allergy is rare to either of those meds......It's a bumpy, braile-like red rash. It looks just like heat rash. He is really itchy....so I've stopped giving him the meds to see if anything clears up. BUT he's still teething and needs something. Anyone have any ideas? Rashes are so mysterious. We've been using Aloe with lidocaine for the itch and eucerin cream in between itching. The rash isn't as, flarey (word?) after using these two things. Hmmmm.
6 comments:
Hmmm. It could be an allergy from the Tylenol. My dad and brother have reactions when they have that. Other than that, I'm not too much help.
But to help with the teething, you could give him a frozen teething ring or a washcloth with ice in it to chew on. Good luck. I'm sure others will have better ideas.
Our kids seem to get rashes quite often. We think its excema, and so we've gotten really good cream to get rid of it, it is Desonide Cream and Fluocinonide. Logan could definately be reacting to the medicine, but if he has had it often it isn't as likely that he would be allergic to it. They say its usually the second time you take the medicine that if you had an allergy it would appear. If he has a fever that gets high take him to the doctor but other than that just put cream on him and for the teething use the teething toys or the cream you rub on the gums... This is just my idea, so I am sure there are so many other better ones out there. Good Luck....
Kids can get a rash when they are teething. Lots of stuff can happen when they are teething diarrhea, rash, fever...as if the poor things aren't miserable enough trying to push those teeth through their tender little gums huh!
When my kids were teething I used these little tablets that melt the second they hit their tongue. They are called teething tablets. You can get them in the pharmacy section at Walmart. They work really fast and really well, and they are all natural.
Marin broke out in hives last summer for no apparent reason. She also gets a rash after a fever breaks. It's always kind of scary! Her hives wouldn't go all the way away with Benadryl so the doctor prescribed a mild steroid and that took care of it finally. Have you tried Benadryl? If it's a true allergy Benadryl should help (if he's not too little for it, I can't remember). Good luck!
James gets a rash every time he is teething and according to my mom, my siblings and I did too. The rash never seems to bother him though. It is usually on his tummy and diaper area.
I feel for you with the new molars- James has also been a nightmare. It took almost a month for one of the dang things to come through and it looked so swollen and painful!
People totally have rashes to those medicines. Your pediatrician could see if he thought it was an alergic reaction type rash. I have people allergic to ibuprofen all the time.
Post a Comment