Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Blue Angels air show




Last week was the Naval Academy's graduation, and they had an air show by the Blue Angels. I've wanted to see an airshow by them ever since I saw the Air Force Thunderbirds. The show was in Annapolis, just 7 miles from our house, so Kerry and I decided to try it out. Aside from some thick traffic and a 3rd world pit toilet, the show was great. It wasn't AS great as an air show is in a state with no trees, but it was still really cool.

I felt a special connection to the jets because I thought they were F-15's. I was wrong, Seth corrected me, they are F-18 Hornets. Both jets have 2 tail fins, but the 18's fins are more slanted.....AND the navy flies F-18's. We refueled F-15's last year, hence my special connection to them....here we are refueling the jets.

Logan couldn't handle the freedom of just walking and standing by the blanket, so he had to sit in his stroller. He liked the jets except when they flew super, ear-blastingly close. Those are the best parts of the show though....oh well, maybe he'll like them better next year.
P.S. In unrelated events, Logan can now say his own name. When asked what his name is he replies "wwwwWoguh"

3 comments:

marni said...

Ha! Your posts make me laugh. :) Miss ya!

Avree said...

Fun! Matt still hasn't gotten over the fact that when we lived in Washington Terrace they canceled the air show, he'd be very jealous that you got to see the Blue Angels.

Wanderingfamilies said...

SO cool...I've always wanted to see them! When do you find out what we are having?