Friday, May 8, 2009

Monstrous Molars.


Logan has been chewing on his hands for 2 weeks now. I kept thinking that it was gross for a "big kid" to be chewing on and sucking his hands.....2 days ago the behavior escalated and Logan became a monstrous nightmare. It's been like a horror-movie at our house tantrum wise. He's high strung anyway, but add some molar growing and BAM. I even cried today. After I got a grip and regained composure, I found a map of primary teeth on google. It showed each tooth and approximately when they grow in. (Perhaps every other mom is aware of how many teeth belong where in the mouth, I did not until today). I tipped him back and peeked in and sure enough, there are 2 white swollen lumps where the two-year molars will be.


I don't know why it didn't occur to me that he was teething until today.....now that he's been enjoying some berry flavored motrin, things are much better. I even made him some juice popsicles. I was never really sure when Logan was teething as an infant because of his reflux. His behavior never really changed that much. Thanks Logan for being the guinea pig; I guess next time around I won't be so clueless about teething.

2 comments:

Avree said...

Teething is the worst! I've probably drugged Spencer up on Tylenol half of his life thinking he was teething. Dr. McKenna told me he's working on his 1st molars right now so I've been alternating tylenol and ibuprofen, thank goodness for medicine!

Jill said...

i feel ya. nolan has been a pill lately. sometimes i don't think i can go on. i checked his mouth just yesterday and he has very swollen gums. i wish they would just come in fast. hope your process is better than mine.