We live in a nice area. There are many homes(not ours) that are furnished with pottery barn items. Therefore, yard sales are treasure hunting grounds for someone like me. There are a lot of yard sales, every weekend. A whole neighborhood will have yard sales where multiple houses put things out to sell. We've only been to one so far, but I am planning on hitting some this weekend, seeing as the swine flu scare at our local elementary seems to be dying down.
Here is the treasure count: 1 car for Logan, the Flintstone style feet pushing kind. $5.00
1 Bumbo seat, used for only one child, perfect condition-$10.00
1 new pair of shoes for Logan $2.00(there was an extravagant amount of clothing to paw through as well)
New Dr. Suess books, seriously, brand new. 4 for $1.00. A new computer monitor $20.00. And the crown jewel of my finds: A twin sized pottery barn quilt and matching pillows for Logan's forth-coming big boy bed. $15.00 Seriously? The lady was anxious to sell, and rolled her eyes a bit when I offered $15.00-then she sold it to me. (she had the entire room for sale seeing as they were redecorating her son's room.) The quilt is in mint condition and I can't stop smiling. It is beach-themed and I love it. Don't mind the little bum on the left of the picture, he likes to walk all over his new quilt.
5 comments:
I am so jealous! The yard sales here are never any good, plus everyone gives everything to the DI, stupid charity! I love the quilt! I think boy bedrooms are hard to decorate and that quilt will be perfect!
First time visitor to the blog of "The Farnsworth's". I have enjoyed my stay and am convinced that your lives are more exciting than mine.
Woohoo! Good job! :)
I love good deals on stuff at yard sales! Out here there just starting up. I was off last Thursday and found a great yard sale with a nearly new Gary Fischer Bike for Ty that sells for $500 for super cheap! Yeah for yard sales!!!
Hey Kara! You're so funny, of course I remember you and Seth! How are you guys? Your little guy is so cute! So good to hear from you!
Post a Comment