We went to Ocean City over mother's day weekend. Well, just for Saturday. It was 85 degrees and humid, perfect beach weather. Ever since arriving in MD, I have been dying to see the water. The Chesapeake Bay suited me just great, but we're only a 2 hour drive from the actual ocean-beach. The East Coast is definitely different than the West Coast.



Once Garmin got us to Ocean City, we still couldn't see the beach or the ocean for that matter. Just tall annoying buildings and touristy stores. It was there though, and it was great. I was unsure how Logan would react. I knew he would either absolutely love the beach, or freak out, no in betweens for him. Thankfully, he loved it, who doesn't love the beach? He thought the miles of sandbox were just great, he kept running around and smiling. He'd pause every now and then and show off his physique.

The ocean was freezing, well there was no ice, but I'd say about 50 degrees. He loved it. He laughed every time a wave came in so we took him all the way out to where they were breaking. We got soaked but he laughed and laughed. He screamed when it was time to leave. He and Seth ended up just sitting in the shallow water so Logan could still play. We found lots of shells and even a gross crab that had washed ashore. We're definitely going again. The drive seemed long, but it was worth it once we got there.
Once Garmin got us to Ocean City, we still couldn't see the beach or the ocean for that matter. Just tall annoying buildings and touristy stores. It was there though, and it was great. I was unsure how Logan would react. I knew he would either absolutely love the beach, or freak out, no in betweens for him. Thankfully, he loved it, who doesn't love the beach? He thought the miles of sandbox were just great, he kept running around and smiling. He'd pause every now and then and show off his physique.
The ocean was freezing, well there was no ice, but I'd say about 50 degrees. He loved it. He laughed every time a wave came in so we took him all the way out to where they were breaking. We got soaked but he laughed and laughed. He screamed when it was time to leave. He and Seth ended up just sitting in the shallow water so Logan could still play. We found lots of shells and even a gross crab that had washed ashore. We're definitely going again. The drive seemed long, but it was worth it once we got there.
5 comments:
I just read your previous posts. You left out some vital doctor appt. information to me when we spoke today at church :) That's awesome that he moved you up 4 days -- 4 days in the right direction! I love that quote he said. I can totally picture it! Lacey has been breaking out in hives left and right too. Dr. G said not to worry about it as long as it doesn't affect her breathing. But it's hard not to worry about welts forming from head to toe! Also, Dave and I will have to take you to some sections of the beach that have no buildings and no touristy souvineer shops. You've got to do OC at least once just for the experience, but then go to better beaches from here on out. We'll talk!
Haha, yeah right Seth, you know you guys went to a nude beach. That sounds way fun to have a beach so close. I love the pictures of Logan and his awesome physique, priceless!
HAHAHAHAH!!! That last picture made me laugh so hard. :) Oh, that one's a gem. heheheh....
I am jealous Kara. I am looking forward to escaping to the beach too. Thanks again for helping us with our apartment hunting. When we get out there we will need to cook dinner for you and seth and hopefully logan will like it too.
Pregnant women and bikes are definitely the best combination! Good for you! We know what we are having, so check our blog soon!
Post a Comment